Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Evening thoughts

 




I have just been listening to a Resurgence zoom meeting.  It was about welcoming the winter solstice into our beings, slowing down in the dark midwinter and resting before the next festival.  The girl's name was Georgie, she led us on a meditation through the Newgrange passage tomb in Ireland, when the moon comes through the lightbox and shines down the passage, it was rather a pleasant experience.

Strangely when one things happen another in a similar vein also happens, this time it was the two Prehistoric Guys enthusiasts - Rupert Soskin and Michael Bott were interviewing Anthony Murphy of Mythical Ireland two days ago who lives not far from  Newgrange.

The things I love about the Christmas season, is actually the greenery.  The sharp smell of fir branches, the holly and ivy.  So as I meditated what came into my minds were trees.  Two trees specifically up on the Lansdown.  

One was an ash, with the nine leaflets on a twig, though you can get 11 or 13 leaflets, but 9 leaflets belong to Odin it was the great Yggdrasil Tree, not sure of the story, will look it up maybe.  The other tree was one that had been shattered by a storm, which had ripped its thick trunk into two halves.

The other thing I love about this season are candles, especially short one within a dish of greenery.  I have some sitting beside me as I type, hardly any movement of their flames.

The other thing that came to me this evening, was music.  John Gray had been to a funeral today and was talking about the music.  Well it bought back the memory of a piece of music that was played at Paul's funeral.  He had a large heart shaped bouquet of flowers on his coffin from me, but at the last moment I had picked three roses from the garden as well.  The music I had chosen made me cry but it was affirmative.  Never quite understood the way the words work but it is down below, as once again I face up to it.  In fact, children dear, you can play it at my funeral - chuckle.

Jon and Vangelis - I'll find my way home



An earlier blog on Odin











6 comments:

  1. I love the greenery and the lights too. I have no interest in the commercial side of it. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The commercial side has to exist I suppose. What is of course magical about the festival is the fact we must light the darkness and bring nature into the house Aril.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite songs. It always makes me feel pain and sadness and hope together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very true Yael, sadness and happiness mixed up together but with hope at the end. I think of it as the never ending battle.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!