Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve:  Yesterday Lillie and I finished off the wrapping of late presents.  Tom arrived about 6 p.m. with another bag of presents and his black bag.  Which he left for me to trip over (not really, it will take ages for the family to learn I don't see as good as before) luckily I fell into his arms.  The other two, caught a late evening train from London and I haven't seen them yet.  So a photo from last year above......

Ben, front right, is hobnobbing with all the celebrities he helps to dress.  Do not ask me the names, they flow past my head, but their styles float through my Instagram.  Lillie, front left, has made chocolate muffins and now orders (directs) the actual sequence of the Xmas timetabling.  Meat is coming into the house as well, as most of the children are meat-eaters. 

Matilda at the back on the left, is doing her internship but needs to get a place on a London newspaper My daughter flaps and fusses about the food - but there is plenty.  

My dear Tom at the back, has a very good job with an American firm, a partner who is lovely, and if my daughter will stop nagging them to have a baby, a quiet and peaceful life.  

So we embark on Christmas, may everyone, including the people who read this blog have a Merry and Happy holiday.  Though I do believe America is suffering under cold weather and heavy snow.

Is this a Round Robin blog?  Not really, just me noting that the family is fine ;)


14 comments:

  1. Have a lovely Christmas with the family. It's good to have the house full and lots of happy voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy bitching is how I would describe it sometimes Jennie. Matilda looks a little thin, she spends most of her money on rent. A good Christmas to all of you and a better year. X

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Thelma. You have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yael and the same to you and your family. X

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness your family caught the train - seems there are fewer of those around now! Have a good time with family.
    (Message for your daughter - I never said anything to my three about having grandchildren and now I have 5! )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandchildren come naturally don't they Sue? My daughter has a long slog today via bus and tram which she is not looking forward to. Everything is topsy-turvy but then Xmas often is. Happy Christmas Sue, X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of your family and all of their latest news. I am hosting for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner so all are coming to me and I don't have to go out in the fierce cold! Thankfully, it has stopped snowing so all should be able to get here safely. Wishing you a Joyful Christmas, Thelma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Happy Christmas to your family Ellen, snow at Xmas is fun but not in its present form. Just finishing wrapping up someone else's presents.

      Delete
  6. A Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Thelma. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, prosperous, joy-filled 2023!
    Stay safe, warm & well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the Christmas wishes everyone. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes a Round Robin sorts the family out in one's mind. Christmas wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suppose Pat it depends on the tone of it. The ones that brag about all the holidays and how their children have made the top grade irks a little.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!