Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wednesday 15th July 2020 - accents

Just a short note.  This morning reading the blogs I came across Yorkshire Pudding's niece's song, which was rather beautiful.  I noted the name Theasby and it made me think of another favourite singer Katy Rusby.  Both very Yorkshire sounding. So yes the surnames come from 'up North' but the Yorkshire accent of Katy Rusby is very pronounced in her songs.  But a rather delightful video of hers made me watch, and listen to the tones of the people in her village. So here it is.


4 comments:

  1. It's what yer talk like when yer live near t'mast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen that there is a programme on tonight about the North York Moors (BBC2) - hope you are alright as you haven't posted for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm alright Pat, thank you for telling me about the progra Will try and find something to write about tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!