Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Wednesday 29th July 2020

Today I clicked on my 'Bodhisattva' blog.  At the time I had been writing about the York registry office and other things but with no comments.  Fortunately the comments came back on but I never replied having missed them. So thank you Weaver, Yorkshire pudding, Rachel, Starting over, Accepting Changes and Morning Minion for your kind thoughts.


This Bodhisattva is hiding her face shyly behind the peony, which flowered lusciously this year, the statue  is too heavy to move.

Well having gone out into town on Monday, delivered my library books, post office, chemist and petrol station, have broken my long hermit like existence.  Pleased to say most people were wearing masks.
Today took a book to lend to a friend with half a dozen eggs and in return got a bowl of plums, so barter is the word.  The bantams have been laying furiously, this was the second lot I had given away this week.

10 comments:

  1. Love a bit of bartering. Everybody wins. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon there will be apples and pears on Jo's old wheelbarrow but with charity box attached. Rhubarb was given away freely.

      Delete
  2. Thelma. My copy of 'I am an Island' has come and I am reading it. The writing is beautiful It is so well written I can only read one chapter at a time and then I have to have time to digest it. It is the best book I have read during lockdown without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying it Pat, sometimes when recommending books there is a sense of guilt if people don't enjoy it. I can often finish a book in two sittings because I find them so engrossing.

      Delete
  3. Perhaps the Bodhisattva is ashamed of something she said. I hope she didn't make a vulgar remark about Billy Bunter (i.e. B.Johnson).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you implying she has a fat belly? ;) Boris is getting a clever dick spokesman to round out his daily ideas, not quite Twitter but a coward's way out!

      Delete
  4. The nicest neighbors have chickens that lay too many eggs. Once I made and angel food cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make large omelettes which I share with Lucy the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An inspiring post. I love that the statue is hiding her face. What a gentle response to all that happens today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is happening today Tabor is surreal. We watch our politicians flounder away from day to day, as you have said earlier it is all breaking down. Adjusting the world is not going to be easy, especially as we have this virus hanging over us.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!