Friday, July 10, 2020

Friday 10th July


A concert in Barcelona given for house plants, who says the human race isn't creative?


Some thoughts on those who would bring others down, the odd troll or two.  A few years back Paul and myself were subject to a real nasty campaign.  I rode over it, but Paul gave up his allegiance to that particular forum.  At the heart was one spiteful man.  Clever, he had the time to frame an anonymous blog of such nastiness that it would have hurt the most sensitive of people, and Paul was definitely sensitive.  What surprised me is the way that others joined in, it was a bit like when you see a man on the ground, and then everyone joins in kicking - sheer undiluted cowardice.
I hate bullying of any kind and am primed by an instinctive response to hit back, which some would say is foolish.  It all blew over but I would say that there are many sensitive people out there - we should learn to frame our words.  Me I write as I feel, history is a great substitute for warring with other people. Now I potter amongst flowers and other blogs which fascinate me..  I do see proper trolls,  and also I see people who are needy for that moment of contact.  Unfortunately I am ready to forgive the trolls, my reason being that they must be unhappy in some other way.  Our political tendencies, or even our religions will make us speak out, we have different cultures, different ways of viewing the world but one thing I would say that 99 % of the bloggers I read I love their blogs and forgive their errors of judgement ;) because we should be able to laugh at each other and ourselves.

Interesting long read on how we view food now.

4 comments:

  1. You are just so right Thelma - my feelings exactly. If someone really upsets me on my blog then eventually I stop blogging with them. But we do all have different feelings and ideas and on the whole we blog with like-minded people. There are a few who need the contact and I am happy to blog with them too. But there is no need for nastiness - I suspect that in most cases we wouldn't say things to their face so why put it in print. I can't be bothered with Spam characters but it only takes me a minute to click on the dustbin and delete them. My blog has played a large part in carrying me through the last fourteen weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice we are all getting spammed a lot, ridiculous adverts for stupid things.

      Delete
  2. We used to be able to agree to disagree. It seems it's a harder time to find that especially online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain, I think because we meet more people online, and because they cannot see you face to face tend to let rip.

      Delete

Love having comments!