Sunday, December 13, 2020

Summing up

 Cat theory;    A Deng Xianping mantra .........."It doesn't matter whether a cat is black or white, as long as it  catches mice"

You can see I am reading the NewsStateman again but pleasingly in a positive mood, on how this year has gone. Yes we know it has been terrible but there are positive things to gather from people's behaviour or in other words from the social interaction that has taken place.  It is easy enough to fall either on one side or other of good or bad. I mean the 'leavers' have not had much hassle from the 'remainers', as we now go into a new adventure of containers stuck at ports, vaccine transport or Xmas locked in.  I believe 'the City' is now fleeing for Europe's capitals sure they will all come back though when we have righted the boat, those fishing ones I mean.

Enough.

Going through photos this morning when I should be writing cards, I need some sun in my life.  The village is getting Christmassy.  David and Jo have put their Santa pulled by reindeer lights out as usual, and there is the Union Jack flying from the barn roof.  Our  vicar has got muddled with the Crib/Christingle services leaflet he sent out.  So we have all been emailed from an old email of Paul's, a sharp sweet reminder for me.  The Rotary Club's Santa has already called in at the pub, only one child visited Santa sadly, but we made a brave show of support.

And the photos being kept, old tractors, Kirkbymoorside band, roses of course as always.  Yorkshire in heather blossom.




Days gone by








Recording the happenings of the day:

Catherine Bennett on the Patriarch Paradox  I haven't followed links on this one. But just liked the title of Bennett's Observer article questioning why we accept that our country should be run by the 'Eton Oafs'.   Will Knowland who expounds his misogynist idiocy in the Youtube clip, I have still to listen to.

Then there is of course Michael Heseltine - 

Brexit is the worst decision of modern times. Why are its critics in cabinet so silent?

Perhaps I should read a different paper.

5 comments:

  1. Have mixed feelings over Will Knowland's video. Just like to know he was presenting a 'version' of the other side of the argument rather than this is what he thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember, 'All cats are the same colour in the dark', but that applied to something else. For once, I agree with Michael Heseltine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we seem to be on the side of the old conservative 'grandees', though I have always had a soft spot for Chris Patten and Kenneth Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised that we voted to leave. We are (were?) the 6th largest economy in the world. We were members of the EU. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I really thought most people would "get" that. Whether I "wanted" to be in the EU or not isn't the point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was the way the idea was sold, we are in the hands of the media now and their interpretation of a 'sovereign' Britain!

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!